In providing you with our services, Bridgeview Physiotherapy Clinic may handle your personal information. Personal information is information about you from which you can be identified, such as your name and contact details, this may include sensitive personal information such as medical information.
Information we may hold about you
The information we hold about you may include the following:
• basic details such as name, address, contact details and next of kin
• details of contact we have had with you such as referrals and quotes
• details of services you have received
• patient experience feedback and treatment outcome information you provide
• information about complaints and incidents
• notes and reports about your health and any treatment and care you have received or need, including about clinic and hospital visits and medicines administered
• other information we receive from other sources, including third parties such as insurance companies, GP’s or Hospital Consultants or information provided by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you.
When we collect your information
Information about you is collected when:
• You contact Bridgeview Physiotherapy directly via telephone or in person.
We may also collect personal information about you from other people when:
• You are using an insurance company
• You have been referred via a GP or Hospital Consultant
Information about you may be shared by your assigned physiotherapist with other physiotherapists within Bridgeview Physiotherapy Clinic to enable us to manage our relationship with you as a patient and update and improve our records. Bridgeview Physiotherapy Clinic works with other individuals and organisations to provide our services to you, and this may involve them handling your personal information, your permission would have been obtained by these third parties.
Using your information
We use your personal information to provide you with our services, and to improve and extend our services. This may include:
• supporting your medical treatment or care and other benefits
• internal record keeping and administration
• responding to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so
• checking the accuracy of information about you, and the quality of your treatment or care, including billing information for insurance claims.
• supporting your doctor, nurse, carer or other healthcare professional
• assessing the type and quality of care you have received and any concerns or complaints you raise, so that these can be properly investigated
• using your contact information to conduct and analyse market research
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary and in accordance with UK law.
Keeping you informed
Bridgeview Physiotherapy Clinic would like to keep you informed of the services that we consider may be of interest to you (via mail, email, phone or SMS). When we collect your information, we will ask you if you would like us to keep you updated in this way. We may use your personal information to:
• decide which services which we think are relevant to you
• decide which media, including social media platforms, would best be utilised to reach the customers who wish to receive marketing materials
• contact you with details of our products and services, including displaying interest-based adverts via social media
If you do not wish to receive marketing information about our services, or at any time you change your mind about receiving these messages, please contact Bridgeview Physiotherapy Clinic.
If you have any data protection queries, please contact the Bridgeview Physiotherapy Clinic
Write: Bourn House, 8 Park Street Bagshot Surrey GU19 5AQ
Updating this Privacy Notice
We review and update this notice regularly. The latest copy of this notice can be found on our web page.